Alpha leaders usually decide how they would like potential Alpha guests to sign up, for example, on their church website, using a Zoom registration link or a Google Form, or through a Facebook event or from the TryAlpha page.
Once you collect the info, the Alpha leader can send out a welcome email to guests with info about start date, time and Zoom link (or other video conferencing info). Here is a sample that you can customize and send out:
Thanks for signing up to join our Online Alpha starting September 14th from 7 pm to 9 pm. Here are a couple of things to prepare ahead of time but please let me know if you need help with anything at all.
1 - Here is the Zoom link to join our Alpha:
(If using the Zoom registration system, include that link here.)
2 - Go through this short article about how to use Zoom especially if it's your first time: Joining a Zoom meeting
3 - Some technical tips:
- During the Alpha meeting, please find a quiet space with minimal background noise. - We'll be having a conversation together so we don't want you on mute.
- Please make sure your device is fully charged or plugged into power.
- Please make sure you have a good internet connection.
- Check your microphone and headphones and make sure your camera is working.
- We will keep our webcams on so we can see each other's faces for the meeting.
(or attach this pdf to your email: Guest Guidelines)
4 - Alpha video link:
(If your Alpha guests will be watching the Alpha video on their own and joining Zoom for discussion only, you can include the "video share link" here.)
If you have any questions about Alpha or the technology, please feel free to email me and I can help you out!
Feel free to invite others to join as well. We look forward to meeting you on Monday, September 14th at 7 pm!
Alpha leader's name here