Casual questions create a non-threatening atmosphere and provide insight into what's important to people. Here are some questions that you can use as an icebreaker to get your Alpha guests talking, laughing and sharing before discussion time. Each question relates to the weekly topic:
Week 1 - Is There More To Life Than This?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Week 2 - Who Is Jesus?
- If you could change form and be any animal, what would you want to be and why?
- What famous person would you most like to meet? (or have you met anyone famous?)
Week 3 - Why Did Jesus Die?
- What's the best gift you ever received and why was it so meaningful?
- Do you have a collection and if so, what and why?
Week 4 - How Can I Have Faith?
Tell us about a time you were spontaneous, took a leap of faith or tried something new.
Week 5 - Why and How Do I Pray?
Share one or two stresses or concerns going on in your life right now.
(We will end the session with prayer for these items.)
Week 6 - Why and How Should I Read the Bible?
- Name a favourite book you read as a child or adult and why you liked it so much.
- Which movies have you watched over and over again and why?
Week 7 - How Does God Guide Us?
Where do you go for advice and why? (person or resource)
Alpha Weekend / Time Away -
Who Is The Holy Spirit? What Does He Do? How Can I Be Filled?
Tell us about one or two traits that you inherited from your parents (positive or negative) and how you feel about that.
How Can I Make the Most of the Rest of My Life?
Tell us about a goal or dream you still want to achieve in the future.
Week 8 - How Can I Resist Evil?
Have you ever had anything stolen or taken away? Tell us about it.
Week 9 - Why and How Should I Tell Others?
What was the last thing that made you so excited, you couldn't wait to tell others (e.g. an event, a purchase, a TV show, etc.)?
Week 10 - Does God Heal Today?
Do you know anyone who has been healed miraculously? Tell us about it.
Week 11 - What About The Church?
Do you belong to any clubs, groups, teams or have you in the past? Which ones and what do/did you enjoy about them?